Volunteer and Be a Hero!
AnimalSave operates with minimal paid staff. The majority of our workforce is made up of volunteers. Whether you like to cuddle kittens, help out at the Thrift Store, foster rescued animals, answer phones, or just about anything else, there is a place for you at AnimalSave. Please fill out the Volunteer Application and mail to: PO Box 817, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Over 55? Register with RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) to receive mileage reimbursement and other benefits when you volunteer with AnimalSave. Phone 530 271 0255 for more information.
We are always in need of volunteers and can find a job for you if you have the time. The list of Current Volunteer Opportunities shows our urgent needs, but please don't hesitate to call if you have photography skills, or want to help out at a particular event. If you are interested in hearing more about a position or have questions, please contact us at 530 271 7071 ext. 201.
Here's a list of some of our volunteer positions:
- Cat Adoption Room Attendant. Requirements: Over 18 years old. Description: This is a great way to interact with our cat adoption room residents. Clean cages, wash dishes, give food and water. The kitties will thank you for making their environment clean and healthy.
- Instrument Cleaning & Laundry for Spay & Neuter Clinic. Must be at least 18 years old. Description: As spay and neuter surgeries are completed, we need someone to collect the laundry and instruments. Wash, dry and fold the laundry. Begin the cleansing process for the surgical instruments.
- AnimalSave Thrift & Treasures. Donation sorters, pricers, cashiers & merchandisers.
- AnimalSave Book Nook. Donation sorters, pricers, and cashiers.
- Friends of AnimalSave (FOAS) Committee. Event planners and organizers.